Flickr's Set "Junction City" Centennial Events April 12, 2008
Come and celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the City of West Toronto. On April 14, 1908, the Junction was incorporated as an independent city.
The Junction Forum for Art & Culture, in association with the West Toronto Historical Society present this weekend as a kick off the year-long festivities and a weekend of free centennial events.
- Historic Games and Family Activities
- The Gathering Space creative workshops
- Historic Photo Exhibit and Installation (part of CONTACT 2008 Toronto Photography Festival)
- Historic Walking Tours (April 12, April 13 at 1:00 pm, April 14 at 7:00 pm)
- Hourly Vaudeville Shows - Comedy, Music and Dance
- "Legends of the Junction" Historical Pageant involving actors, musicians, and Junction students
- Learn about the Junction's rich history
One hundred years later, Monday, April 14, 2008 is declared "Junction City" Centennial Day to mark the historic Incorporation day.
With all of those booming art activities, celebrations, exhibitions, festivals, and openings of new businesses on Dundas Street West, the Junction experiences the second more advanced stage of transformation which started in 1997. Now we can associate the Junction with arts like Soho in New York City, and let's call the area the Joho. Joho is Junction, History, Toronto, Ontario, Arts, and Business. The Joho, Historic West Toronto Junction City offers unique shops, restaurants, bars, cafes like the Historic Distillery but a little bit diluted.
Happy Birthday! The Junction Is Celebrating the Centennial of the City of West Toronto
12 posts tagged joho
west toronto junction
2 posts tagged toronto junction
1,060 posts tagged junction
48 posts taggedjunction city
The Arts Junction: Come and Celebrate JoHo: Junction and History